Student Center Renovation & Expansion
HCC broke ground on its Student Center expansion on Friday, Sept. 12, 2014. The $15 million dollar project will add an additional 29,229 sq.ft. to the existing 19,000 sq.-ft. Student Center and will feature enhanced student lounge areas, study spaces, and meeting rooms for campus clubs. An additional 10,000 sq.-ft. outdoor patio and recreation area will also be included as part of the renovation, bringing the total square footage of the indoor and outdoor areas to more than 59,000 sq.ft. Learn more at www.hagerstowncc.edu/student-center.
Campus Store Relocation
The HCC Campus Store has been temporarily relocated to the Robinwood Center on HCC's campus. The Robinwood Center is the stone building located near the Career Programs Building. Temporary, 30-minute parking for Campus Store use is available in Lot C. The Campus Store will remain in this location until the renovation of the Student Center has been completed. View the Campus Map.
Roundabout on Robinwood Drive
As part of a road improvement project, the intersection at the front of the HCC campus is being converted into a roundabout. Construction is now occurring on Robinwood Drive between Meritus Medical Center (Medical Campus Road) and HCC. The construction will continue through January 2015.
Tips for HCC students
- Plan for delays and allow extra time to get to class
- Try to find an alternate route that will avoid the congestion between Meritus Medical Center and HCC
- Enter Robinwood Drive from Jefferson Blvd. (Route 64) if possible
- HCC will post construction updates that specifically impact campus (such as work being done to the college entrance) on this page, as well as on HCC's official Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Construction updates posted on social media sites (by HCC and Washington County) will use the #rwproject and #rwtraffic hash tags.
Spring 2015 Updates
- Single-lane roadwork on Robinwood Drive on Friday, January 16, and Friday, January 23, between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., along Robinwood Drive across from the Smile Design Center. Single-lane flagging operation to install storm drains. Please allow extra time to get to the HCC campus.
- Nighttime road work on Robinwood from midnight on Sunday, January 18, to 10 a.m. on Monday, January 19. Work will take place between Kings Crest Boulevard and Youngstoun Drive.