The Pi Theta Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) at Hagerstown Community College is an international honor society that has two primary goals:
- Recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and;
- Provide opportunities for individual growth and development through participation in honors, leadership, service and fellowship programming.
- Students must have 12 college level credits completed and obtain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50. Membership is by invitation. Students that are eligible will receive invitations a few weeks after a new semester begins.
PTK Meeting Times
- Member meetings are held the fourth Thursday of each month at 2:30 p.m. (Location for fall 2014 TBD)
- All members and interested parties are invited to attend.
- Members are recognized at graduation by being able to wear blue and gold honor cords, gold tassel, and/or gold stole.
- These items can be purchased from the Pi Theta chapter (sold during the spring semester) or can be purchased online at www.ptk.org.