The HCC Faculty/Foundation Scholarship for Academic Excellence Committee offers an academic excellence scholarship program for qualified graduates of area high schools. The committee awards these scholarships to the qualified scholar based on GPA, SAT scores and extracurricular activities among the applications received from each school. These awards provide $550 per semester at Hagerstown Community College. Recipients who maintain satisfactory academic records at the College will be supported for four consecutive semesters of college for a total of $2200.
Who may apply?
Students from each Washington County High school may apply who have completed high school with a GPA of 3.2 or better. Students from at-large schools who have completed high school with a GPA of 3.2 or better may apply. The at-large schools are defined as private Washington County secondary schools and neighboring out-of-state secondary schools.
When can you apply?
Applications for this scholarship are due by April 15. Use the HCC Faculty/Foundation for Academic Excellence application form at the bottom of this page.
How is the recipient chosen?
The committee awards these scholarships to the qualified scholar based on GPA, SAT scores and extracurricular activities among the applications received from each Washington County high school and one awarded to an at-large high school applicant.
Guidelines of this scholarship:
- Send a note of appreciation to the Hagerstown Community College Faculty/Foundation Scholarship for Academic Excellence Committee.
- Attend the annual reception recognizing scholarship donors and their recipients to be held during the spring academic semester.
- The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $550 for four (4) consecutive semesters beginning with the fall academic year.
- The scholar must maintain a 2.75 or above Q.P.A. for each of the four (4) semesters. If this average is not maintained, the committee reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship.
- The scholar must maintain a full-time academic status of credit hours (minimum 12 credit hours per semester) for each of the four (4) semesters.
- The Committee reserves the right to examine the scholar’s academic records at any time while the scholarship is in effect.
- In case of some emergency, the committee has the option to extend the scholarship time. The scholar must petition the committee by written communication stating the nature of the emergency and requesting an exception.