Ways to Give
- Cash - Outright cash donations provide an opportunity to make an immediate impact on the College.
- Pledges - Donations may be made in installment payments over a mutually agreed upon number of years allowing you to give more generously.
- Securities - Appreciated stocks, bonds, and mutual funds can yield additional tax savings by allowing you to deduct the current market value of the security and eliminate a capital gains tax.
- Real Estate or Personal Property - These gifts, as approved, may provide immediate savings of both income tax and capital gains tax.
- In-Kind - Donations of tangible items, such as books, computers, software, equipment, etc., as approved, may be of benefit to the College. The amount of your deduction will depend on a written appraised value, which you obtain.
- Matching Gifts - Double or even triple your gifts with a matching employer gift. Visit your company's human resource office to obtain a matching gift form.
- Bequests and Life Insurance - You can designate the HCC Foundation as a beneficiary in your will, life insurance policy, IRA, or pension plan. This can significantly reduce your estate taxes and may provide other tax advantages. It will allow you to make a larger gift than might otherwise be possible.
- Estate Planning Gifts - There are other planned giving vehicles you can use, such as charitable trusts and annuities. These often provide you with income and can also benefit the College.
We encourage you to discuss potential tax advantages and other aspects of charitable giving with your attorney, tax advisor, or financial planner.
Through estate and charitable planning, you can invest the results of your life's work right here in your community.
For tax purposes The Hagerstown Community College Foundation, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit corporation and qualifies as a charitable organization. As such, donations to the HCC Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. The Foundation's Federal I.D. number is 237121670.
Please make checks payable to Hagerstown Community College Foundation, Inc.
To learn about how you can make a gift, please contact Stacey Lowman at 240-500-2213 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.