Driver Education Classroom Online
During the COVID-19 outbreak, HCC is helping to keep life normal by offering online Driver Education classes. Approved by the Maryland MVA, the distance learning option covers the 30-hours of classroom required for Driver Education. Our next online class will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays, May 18 – June 22, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.. The cost of the class is only $129 and students can Register Here or contact registration at email@example.com. Students call also register for the six hours of behind-the-wheel driving at a later date.
- Does the online class also include scheduling for the required 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving?
No, the 30 hours approved by the MVA is for the required classroom only. Separate BTW sections would be made available in the future when we are permitted to resume in-person classes.
- Is there a price difference since the 6 hours of BTW are not included?
Yes, the 30 hours of online classroom is only $129. If you transfer to online, you will receive a refund for the difference in class costs.
- What will be the cost to complete the 6 hours of BTW in the future?
The cost to complete the driving component will be $195, our standard fee for this requirement. The overall cost will be slightly lower than registering for normal DE class that includes classroom and driving.
- What are the technical requirements for participating in the online class?
You will need access to the Internet and a webcam that allows the instructor to confirm that you are virtually present for all 30 hours of the class and can be used to observe you during module exams.
- Can I use a smartphone to attend the class?
You will need a PC, Mac, or iPad to attend since you will need to be on camera and open a separate web page to take the modules exams.
- If I miss a virtual class or part of the class, can I make up the required time in the future?
Yes, you can make up the time at a future virtual or in-person class
Whether becoming a first-time driver or starting a career as a commercial truck driver, HCC's Transportation Safety Program provides professional training that meets state and federal requirements. Our Commercial Driver Licensing (CDL) programs for Class A or B vehicles surpass the federal Entry Level Driver Requirements. The program also offers preparatory classes for obtaining a CDL Learner's Permit, as well as CDL refresher courses. Transportation companies requiring special training can contract HCC for in-truck skills courses or customized driver evaluation.
A licensed driving school through the Maryland MVA, HCC provides certified courses including driver education for first-time drivers and motorcycle safety for two-wheel enthusiasts. Driver education courses are offered every eight weeks throughout the year, and motorcycle safety classes are held annually from March through October on our Motorcycle Safety Foundation approved driving range.
- CDL Class A (credit)
- CDL Class B
- CDL Learner's Permit/Refresher
- Construction Equipment Operator
- Driver Education
- Motorcycle Safety
- Small Engine and Motorcycle Repair
- Diesel Technician Program
- MOVE Transportation/Distribution Career Pathways Training