The Alzheimer's Association, Greater Maryland Chapter, is providing training for care providers working in Assisted Living facilities. This five-hour training is presented by the staff of the Alzheimer's Association and the Mental Health Association and meets the State of Maryland's new regulations for assisted living providers. Each participant will receive a certificate.
- An overview of Alzheimer's Disease
- Communication methods that are beneficial in handling dementia patients
- Activities for dementia patients that will keep them occupied and active
- Common behavior problems associated with persons affected by dementia
- Identify actions from the dementia patient that may require emergency intervention