Student Affairs

Student Reporting Forms

Please choose one of the following links to submit a report: Concerning Behavior/Student Intervention is a proactive approach to identify and support students who appear to exhibit any behaviors of concern. The idea is to intervene before these students develop more serious problems such as attempts to commit suicide or violent actions against others. The report is sent to a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) who will meet with the student to determine the most effective intervention. Judicial Affairs relates to addressing violations of the Student Code of Conduct. These are published rules regarding prohibited behavior on College premises or at College-sponsored functions. When these rules appear to have been violated by a student, the report is sent to the Dean of Student Affairs who will meet with the student and determine what action should be taken. Academic Integrity relates to academic dishonesty such as cheating, plagiarism, or misuse of College computers. When these rules appear to have been violated by a student, the faculty member’s report is sent to the Vice President of Academic Affairs who will either send a letter of reprimand to the student or schedule a meeting of the College Hearing Board. The Student Progress Report is a system established for instructors of courses to identify students who are struggling with non-academic concerns and to refer them to appropriate student affairs staff as soon as possible. It is assumed that the instructor will address academic issues along with staff in the Learning Support Center. The purpose of the student progress report is to provide meaningful interventions early in the semester to help students succeed in their courses and make progress in meeting their academic goals. Using the Student Progress Report form, Faculty may also report students who are not attending class or have high absenteeism. If the student is having an attendance problem this can affect their eligibility for student financial aid.

Behavioral Intervention FAQ

Taking the step to express a concern about someone can evoke mixed feelings. Following are a few questions to explore as you consider your options. What If I Am Wrong About The Person? You are registering a concern based on an observed behavior (e.g., verbal exchange, action, etc.), not making a determination. By alerting the appropriate campus representatives, a safety determination can be made. Should I Approach Him/Her First? As a caring individual, you may desire to reason with or explore the source of the actions of the person in question. However, based on the threat level, this mentoring approach may not be the best course of action. Always assess the risk. Should you have any concern about your safety or that of the involved student, your best course of action is to access intervention from people who are trained in these areas. I Don’t Have A Great Deal Of Evidence – Should I Wait Before Notifying Someone? Sometimes we don’t have all the evidence. Let the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) weigh the information and see if gathering more facts is wanted as a response plan is evaluated. Bring what you have because others may have evidence too. What Will Happen To The Person Whom I Submit A Concern Report Form About? Although action will depend upon the situation, the BIT will intervene in support of the person of concern. Who Has Access To This Information? The BIT is the primary responding body at the College. In the event that other people will need to be involved, reported information will be handled discretely. How Long Will This Concern Report Stay On File? The majority of reports will stay on file for six (6) years; however, depending on the situation, some reports may stay on file for a longer period of time. Will This Report Adversely Affect This Person’s Student or Employee Status? You are doing the right thing in reporting your concerns in support of the health of the individual student and of the safety of our campus. However, this action may also raise concern for the person(s) involved. Whether the overall review of information will adversely affect the person’s student status will depend on the situation. How Will I Know That The Situation Has Been Addressed? BIT will address every report that is brought to the committee. However, you may not be privy to the specific outcome of an investigation based on the factors involved. Will The Person Be Able To Find Out That I Submitted The Concern? BIT will attempt to handle all matters discreetly. We cannot guarantee that the person(s) involved will not be able to figure out the source of the report. However, we will not divulge your identity. Can I Submit Anonymously? No. It is important to this process for you to identify yourself.