- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Rules for Entry
Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations in order to be considered eligible for the RPTC Film Festival:
- To be considered, three (3) copies of entry must be submitted on DVD (Avi, Mpeg2, Mov, Quicktime movie Wmv, or Red-1) and received by the RPTC Festival Committee by February 22, 2013 with $25 entry fee.
- Films and micro videos with U.S. or foreign distribution or films produced by a major film studio, or under contract or option, are ineligible for competition. Films screened on U.S. or foreign television are also ineligible for competition purposes.
- Films with prior distribution are not eligible for submission for competition with the RPTC Film Festival.
- Films completed prior to January 1, 2013 are not eligible for competition entry.
- All films must be no longer than 10 minutes.
- A 50-word synopsis for marketing should accompany your film or video.
- All films will be judged on mainstream appeal, content, and quality of acting, editing, and direction.
- Filmmakers must have resided during either of the last two years (or been a full-time student attending a college, university or high school) in one of the following counties: Washington County(MD), Franklin County(PA), Berkeley County(WV), or Jefferson County(WV).
- Screener copies and payment should be mailed to:
Robin L. Shaner
Hagerstown Community College
11400 Robinwood Drive
Hagerstown, MD 21742
- Entries without payment will not be considered.
- Screening copies will not be returned.
- Submission of entry is considered legal permission to screen your film upon acceptance during the festival on March 8 and March 9, 2013. An exhibition copy and Region-free NSC DVD back-up copy must be in possession of the RPTC during the film festival.
- Filmmakers are responsible for shipping costs associated with delivering all materials to the Robinwood Players Theater Club Film Fest.
- Non-English language films must be subtitled in English to be eligible for entry.
Film Festival Judging
All films will be reviewed by the Robinwood Players Theater Club and judged by an independent panel of media professionals before the Festival. The quality of storytelling, production value, aesthetics, and topic are principle factors in the selection of films. Awards will be presented at the conclusion of the Festival on Saturday, March 9, 2013. While the decisions of the awards are considered to be final, any winning entry found to have violated the rules and regulations of the Festival may have the award forfeited.
Returns and Acknowledgements
No films, videos, or screenplays will be returned. The HCC Robinwood Player Theater Club reserves the right to screen any film and video entries for festival competition and/or for promotional/marketing purposes.
Policies Upon Acceptance
Accepted films will be notified via email and filmmaker’s names will be posted on the www.hagerstowncc.edu/filmfest web page.
Should you have any questions regarding this process or your film’s eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.