Skip to Content

Additional Unsubsidized Loan Request 2011-2012


To receive student loan funds, you must complete these 3 easy steps. You will not receive loan funds if you do not complete ALL 3 steps listed below:

  1. Complete the FAFSA and indicate that you are interested in a student loan.
  2. Complete the entrance counseling and the MPN – You can do this now if you like.
  3. Sign the HCC Award Notification, printed from WebAdvisor, and return it to the Student financial Aid Office. - The award notification will be available on WebAdvisor once your loan has been processed.

IF you meet the requirements listed above, and have a complete financial aid file, your student loan and any other aid you are eligible for will be awarded. Freshman students will be awarded $5500 ($3500 subsidized/$2000 unsubsidized). Sophomore students, who have completed at least 30 credit hours and are registered in an eligible program, will be awarded $6500 ($4500 subsidized/$2000 unsubsidized). The interest that accrues on subsidized loans is paid by the Department of Education. The interest that accrues on unsubsidized loans is paid by the borrower.

All loans are processed for the 2011 fall semester and 2012 spring semester, unless you are graduating from HCC in December, 2011.

All loans are disbursed in two disbursements. Half the certified loan amount is disbursed during the fall semester and the second half is disbursed during the spring semester.

Students should consider carefully how much they will need to borrow. They should consider the burden repaying loans will impose on them and their families after leaving school. Students planning to transfer to a four-year college are advised not to borrow additional loans at the community college level if grants, scholarships, or other payment arrangements are available.

Complete this form only if you are an independent student or a dependent student whose parent has been denied a parent loan who requires additional UNSUBSIDIZED LOAN FUNDS, to pay for college expenses. Unsubsidized Stafford Loans require that you, the student, pay the interest that accrues while you are attending school. If you choose to defer the interest until after graduation, the interest will be capitalized, resulting in a larger principal balance and more interest paid.

2011-2012 Loan information
The MAXIMUM dollar amount that you can request on this form is $4000.
Additional Information
Answer the next three questions accurately. If answers are inaccurate your request for additional loan money will be denied.
You cannot request additional loan funds before your eligibility for all other aid has been processed.
(Hint: This amount is available here.

Aggregate Loan Limits: Maximum limit while working on all undergraduate degrees: Dependent students are limited to $31,500 (no more than $23,000 of which can be subsidized) Independent students are limited to $57,500 (no more than $23,000 can be subsidized.)

Below is a sample loan repayment chart for the Standard Repayment Plan.

Loan amount
Monthly payment
Total repaid (principal + interest)
$5,500 $63 $7,595
$12,000 $138 $16,571
$19,500 $224 $26,929
$27,000 $311 $37,286
$31,000 $357 $42,810
Certification Statement

Please read the following:

  • I understand that I must complete the Exit Interview Session when I leave school whether by graduating, transferring or withdrawing. My grades, transcripts, and diploma (if I am graduating) will be held up if I do not complete the Exit Interview.
  • To receive loan funds I must be enrolled and attending at least half time (six credits or more) at the time of the loan funds are disbursed to my account.
  • The Student Financial Aid Office communicates mainly via e-mail. The e-mail address listed below is one that I check on a regular basis. I am responsible for reading e-mail regarding my student loans. If I do not understand said e-mail it is my responsibility to contact the Student Financial Aid Office for clarification.
Personal Information