Skip to Content

Additional Unsubsidized Loan Request 2012-2013

Submissions for this form are closed.

Complete this form only if you are an independent student or a dependent student whose parent has been denied a parent loan who requires additional UNSUBSIDIZED LOAN FUNDS, to pay for college expenses. The MAXIMUM dollar amount that you can request on this form is $4000.

Students should consider carefully how much they will need to borrow. They should consider the burden of repaying loans and what it will impose on them and their families after leaving school. Students who are planning to transfer to a four-year college are advised not to borrow additional loans at the community college level if grants, scholarships, or other payment arrangements are available.

If you do borrow student loans, please consider following these suggestions:

  • Live like a college student (keep luxuries to a minimum) now so that I won’t have to live like a college student later.
  • Always be aware of how much I’ve borrowed in student loans and what the estimated monthly payments will be.
  • Check the National Student Loan Data System to make sure the loan amounts reported match my records and to obtain servicer contact information.
  • Contact my loan holder to discuss possible options if I am having trouble making my loan payments.
  • Set up auto-payments for my student loans.
  • Request a different repayment plan if needed.
  • Notify my loan holder of any changes to my address, phone number, name, or enrollment status.

Unsubsidized Direct Student Loans require that you, the student, pay the interest that accrues while you are attending school. If you choose to defer the interest until after graduation, the interest will be capitalized, resulting in a larger principal balance and more interest paid.

All student financial aid applicants, who complete the FAFSA and are eligible, will be awarded Student loan funds.

  • Freshman students will be awarded $5500 ($3500 subsidized/$2000 unsubsidized).
  • Sophomore students, who have completed at least 30 credit hours and are registered in an eligible program, will be awarded $6500 ($4500 subsidized/$2000 unsubsidized).

All loans are processed for the 2012 fall semester and 2013 spring semester, unless you are graduating from HCC in December, 2012.

All loans are disbursed in two disbursements. Half the certified loan amount is disbursed during the fall semester and the second half is disbursed during the spring semester.

Loan Application Process

  • To apply for student loan funds, you must complete the FAFSA and submit all the documentation requested by the Student Financial Aid Office.
  • To receive loan money you must sign the HCC Award Notification, printed from WebAdvisor, and return it to the Student financial Aid Office. - The award notification will be available on WebAdvisor once your loan has been processed.
  • If you have not had a previous Direct Student Loan you must complete the entrance counseling and the MPN at You will need your FAFSA PIN (Personal Identification Number) to complete this process.

Before completing the information below, you must complete the FATV Entrance Counseling. Once there, click “FATV counseling”. Please register with FATV so that we can get an email confirmation which will let us know that you have completed this requirement. Once you are logged-in, complete the entrance counseling session. Once completed, you may want to print off the confirmation page at the end for your records. There will be a quiz at the end.