Skip to Content

Dependency Appeal Questionnaire 2013-2014

Financial aid administrators have the authority, through Section 480(d)(7) of the Higher Education Act, to change a student's status from dependent to independent in cases involving unusual circumstances.

If you feel that you should be considered an independent student due to "special circumstances," please go to this webpage: FinAid!: The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid and read about Dependency Overrides.

If your parents refuse to fill their portion of the FAFSA, you may be eligible for Financial Aid in the form of Unsubsidized Loans.

Fill out this form completely; attach all documentation required and submit to the Financial Aid Office.  You must have completed the 2013-2014 FAFSA BEFORE filling out this form.

Incomplete appeals will not be considered and will be returned.

***Please fill out this form using Internet Explorer and then you can print, sign, and submit the form to the HCC Financial Aid Office.***