Local, regional, and national community and business organizations have scholarships available. Contact specific organizations for applications and more information.
The Financial Aid Office receives announcements and notifications about local and nationwide scholarships. Please click the link below to browse through the most recent scholarship announcements. This listing is updated as the announcements are received. Make sure you check back often.
Please remember never to pay for a scholarship application. Always read eligibility and application rules before applying for a scholarship. Pay special attention to scholarship obligations and deadlines.
Where to Research Scholarship Opportunities
- Local civic organizations
- Local businesses
- Local places of worship
- Large companies
- Your employer/parent's employer
- High school guidance office
- High school and college student organizations
- Transfer students
- Four-year university websites
Recommendations for Scholarship Essays
- Follow the scholarship directions
- Brainstorm ideas and create an outline
- Establish a clear theme
- Develop a strong introduction and conclusion
- Utilize clear transitions
- Incorporate specific details, examples, and stories
- Proofread carefully
- Ask someone for feedback
- Be careful with your information. You should not have to pay or provide information such as bank or credit card numbers