Change of Major Form

The Change of Major Form is used when a student needs to change their current active academic major (program of study), or update their academic major to the new catalog year for degree requirements, and/or add an additional major or credential. Students need to meet with an Academic Advisor to review and complete the Change of Major Form. To meet financial aid requirements it is critical that students be in the correct academic major for aid to be awarded.

Students can check their current active academic program(s) through WebAdvisor by selecting the “Academic Advisor/Academic Program Information” link. Students need to be in an active academic program for financial aid and/or for transfer credits and non-traditional credits to be evaluated. While non-degree (NDG.NOM) is an option is not an eligible academic program for financial aid, transfer credit evaluation, or graduation.

Academic Advisors are located in the Student Center building and are available on a walk-in basis Mondays through Thursdays, 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For questions and additional assistance please contact the Office of Advising and Registration at 240-500-2240 or

Department: Form Type: