- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Submitted by Stephen J. Recker on Mon, 04/27/2009 - 12:31pm
Adjunct faculty are part-time, temporary employees who are hired on a semester basis to teach up to twelve credits, based on the needs each semester by each academic division. Adjunct applications are continually accepted for all of the academic divisions.
The following divisions have adjunct positions available for the Fall 2013 semester:
Continuing Education Division
- HVAC Instructor: This contractual position will provide vocational instruction in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) theory and practical application to incarcerated adults in order to enhance employment opportunities. Some college required and experience in the HVAC field; experience teaching adults; and Industry Certification preferred.
Health Sciences Division
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Instructor: Will work under the direction of the EMS Program Coordinator and the Director of Health Sciences. This position will instruct and evaluate EMT students in the didactic and lab components of the Emergency Medical Services Program. Minimum of an Associate's degree in paramedicine or related field with teaching or equivalent experience required. At least 2 years experience instructing and evaluating EMT-B students, experience with administration of educational programs, a BLS Instructor certification and knowledge of Maryland Medical Protocols of Emergency. Current certification as a MICRB Level II emergency services instructor or completion of 12 hours of EMT-B instructor skills development course and completion of two practice teachings (one didactic and one practical) evaluated by an EMT-B instructor who is approved by MIEMSS.
- Fundamental Nursing - Fall semester, Thursday and Friday from 6am-12 noon for 10 weeks. Must have BSN in nursing; MSN preferred.
- Practical Nursing - Fall semester, Tuesday/Wednesday 6:30am-12pm; MSN preferred.
Technology and Computer Studies Division
- Truck Driving Instructors (Weekday & Weekends) - requires Class A CDL without airbrakes or fifth wheel restrictions, current DOT physical, five years safe class A driving experience, able to perform and evaluate proper driving and inspection techniques, comfortable teaching in a classroom environment, flexibility to accomodate varying work schedules.