Credit classes will be held remotely, through the end of the spring semester. This LibGuide will provide you with useful resources to help make this transition a success.
The Learning Technology unit provides support to faculty, staff, and students in the use of instructional technology equipment in the classroom, Moodle course management software, and other distance education technologies. The unit handles all equipment and installations on campus and at remote locations. For additional information, please reference the LT Handbook.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for equipment reservations.
Include: Date, Time (drop-off and pick-up), Location, and Equipment needed in your email.
- Reservations are available only to HCC faculty and staff. Students must have faculty sign out equipment for class-related use.
- Equipment must be used on campus (including Valley Mall). Exceptions may be made for one-time, one-day use.
- Reservations must be at least 24 hours in advance.
Audiovisual Equipment Repair
- Please email email@example.com or call 240-500-2587 for audiovisual equipment repair.
- Please notify LT staff immediately upon discovering a problem. The sooner staff knows, the sooner equipment can be fixed or replaced.
- A description of the problem.
- The location of the equipment which is in need of repair.
- Date and time repair must be completed.
The Learning Technology Department can assist faculty with building their online classes or with learning how to effectively utilize Moodle, the HCC Learning Management System.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for training.
- User training in classroom technology (equipment) or Moodle. Both trainings are available either one-on-one or for small groups.
- Training sessions should be held two to three days in advance of using the technology. Please contact LT at least one week before you need to use technology that requires training.
- One-on-one training may take place in your office or classroom.
- Small group training may take place in the Online Education and Instructional Support Services Center or another facility, as needed.
- Moodle orientation sessions may take place in your classroom or a computer lab.