*NEW* College 101: Navigating the HCC Website
This workshop will provide an overview of HCC’s online resources, including the main page, student email, WebAdvisor, Moodle, the LSC, the Library, and the college catalog.
- January 27, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- January 28, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- January 31, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
*NEW* College 101: Organization & Time Management Skills
This workshop will help students organize their academic materials and utilize a day planner/calendar to balance their academic, personal, and work commitments.
- January 29, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- January 30, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- January 31, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Document Design: MLA, APA, Chicago
Do you need help formatting your paper? Come to the LSC Writing Workshop: Document Design: MLA, APA, Chicago. Learn how to set the correct font, spacing, margins, Headers, Headings, Title Pages, and more.
- February 3, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- February 4, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- February 5, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- February 6, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Citing Sources; Avoiding Plagiarism
Are you assigned to write a research paper? Not sure how to cite your sources to avoid plagiarism? Come to the LSC Writing Workshop: Citing Sources; Avoiding Plagiarism. Learn how to integrate sources, format in-text citations and footnotes, and create a Works Cited/References/Bibliography page.
- March 3, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- March 4, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- March 5, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- March 6, 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Final Exam Study Skills
If the thought of finals sends a shiver down your spine, then come to the LSC Workshop: Final Exam Study Skills. Learn how to effectively organize and review your notes, review your textbook, create productive study groups, and reduce stress associated with taking tests.
- April 14, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- April 15, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- April 16, 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- April 17, 1:00-2:00 p.m.