- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Wound management seminar for health care professionals
Submitted by Leigh-Anne Mauk on Mon, 04/13/2009 - 1:36pm
Hagerstown Community College’s Center for Continuing Education is offering a seminar on “Effective Wound Management: Improving Outcomes,” on Fri., May 8, from 7:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., at The Merle S. Elliott Continuing Education and Conference Center on HCC’s main campus.
Registration begins at 7:15 a.m. followed immediately by a continental breakfast. A series of sessions and workshops will follow, including:
- “Program Objectives and Overview,” with Ann Roney, RN, BSN, MS, CHCNS, CWOCN, at 7:45 a.m.
- “Anatomy and Physiology of Wounds,” with Carolyn Corazza, RN, BSN, CWOCN, at 8 a.m.
- “Wound Assessment and Treatment,” with Donna McMullen, RN, CWOCN, at 9 a.m.
- “Adjunctive Therapies,” with Thomas J. Gilbert, III, DO, FACEP, FAPWA, at 10:15 a.m.
- “Wounds/Infections and the Diabetic Foot,” with Warren Joseph, DPM, FIDSA, at 12:15 p.m.
- “Nutrition and Wound Healing,” with Sara Jean Wagner, RD, at 1:30 p.m.
- “Legal Issues in Wound Care,” with Diane Krasner, Ph.D., RN, CWCN, CWS, FAAN, at 2:15 p.m.
Professional continuing education credits are available for nurses, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians, and nursing home administrators. This seminar is offered in collaboration with the Wound/Ostomy Services Department at Washington County Hospital. Cost is $75. Washington County Health System employees may take the seminar for $59. Fee includes continental breakfast, continuing education credits (CEUs), handout materials, and a certificate of attendance. Participants are asked to provide their own lunches. On-campus dining is available.
For more information or to register, call 301-790-2800, ext. 236, or go to www.hagerstowncc.edu/coned/seminar.