- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Boonsboro Lions Club offers scholarship for high school graduates attending HCC
Submitted by Leigh-Anne Mauk on Fri, 04/19/2013 - 1:52pm
Recent graduates of Boonsboro High School are eligible to apply for a new scholarship through the Boonsboro Lions Club. The scholarship is renewable and is geared towards students in need. Recipients will receive $500 per semester for their freshman year and $1000 per semester for their sophomore year as long as the student maintains a 2.0 GPA and is enrolled at HCC full-time.
To receive this scholarship, students must:
- Submit an application to HCC
- Fill out a 2012-2013 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. Use HCC school code 002074.
- Completely fill in the scholarship application form, which can be obtained at the HCC Student Financial Aid Office
- Attach a copy of their high school transcripts to the application form
- Prepare a short one page essay that will address the question, “How will your education at HCC help your future?” and include with application materials
- Attend a Boonsboro Lions Club meeting upon receipt of this scholarship
Application deadline is May 30, 2013. Applications can be picked up at the Student Financial Aid Office in the Administration and Student Affairs (ASA) Building on HCC's main campus. Copies can also be obtained by contacting Student Financial Aid Counselor Britney Carter at email@example.com.