At HCC, we continue to monitor the ever-evolving situation with the coronavirus (COVID-19). Working in close coordination with our state and local partners, including the Governor’s Office, Maryland Higher Education Commission, and local agencies, we are taking the following actions at this time:
- Hagerstown Community College is currently operating remotely. All buildings are locked. All extracurricular events and activities are canceled. Employees are working remotely until further notice.
- All credit classes and final exams will be held via remote access, through the end of the spring semester. Students will receive instructions via their HCC email accounts.
- Continuing education classes (non-credit), with the exception of those already operating online, will be suspended until further notice. The staff of the Continuing Education Division is working with governmental agencies to place select training classes online, as possible, during the temporary displacement. Students will be notified of any additional, but necessary, schedule adjustments. Any refunds will be processed in the coming weeks.
- Student Services are being provided remotely. See contact info for various services here.
- The Police Academy and Corrections Academy will continue their classes as scheduled.
- All extracurricular events and activities are canceled through May 16, including end-of-year recognition ceremonies. Graduation will not be held as scheduled, but plans are forthcoming about an alternate recognition to be held at a later date.
For more information, visit www.hagerstowncc.edu/covid19.