(Release: February 11, 2014) - The HCC Alumni Association will hold its 20th Annual Flower & Garden Show on Saturday, March 15, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, March 16, 2014, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the ARCC.
A variety of vendors will take part in the show, named as one of the area’s premier events. Show participants include experts in nurseries, lawn and garden equipment, pottery and statuary, landscaping, tree services, stone products, pools, spas, outdoor furniture, florists, wild bird products, and natural gourmet gifts from the garden.
Seminars and demonstrations on a variety of gardening topics will be held continuously throughout both days of the event. Saturday seminars include:
- 10 a.m. – “Bluebird Nesting: Habits and Nesting Cycle,” with Kathy Kremnitzer, Blue Bird Society.
- 11 a.m. – “Celebrating Local Food,” with Leslie Hart, Washington County Department of Business Development.
- 12 noon – “Petscaping: Creating a Pet Safe Yard,” with Virginia Scrivener, DVM, Animal Health Clinic of Funkstown.
- 1 p.m. – “Conservation Landscaping,” with Annette Ipsan, University of Maryland Extension Office.
- 2 p.m. – “Tea and Cheese Pairings,” with Judy Larkin, Larkin Tea Co., LLC.
- 3 p.m. – “Basic Care of Cacti and Succulents,” with Marsha Peterson, garden expert.
Sunday seminars include:
- 11 a.m. – “Orchid Culture and Myths,” with Gary and Bryan Deoms, De Little O’ Greenhouse.
- 12 noon – “Sample Tastes” Gifts from Your Garden,” with Nichole Stotelmyer, Whitetail Ski Resort/Tastefully Simple.
- 1 p.m. – “General Plant Care: Questions and Answers,” with Emily Shoey, Art in the Garden.
- 2 p.m. – “Growing Carnivorous Plants in the Home and Garden,” with Michael Szesze, Carnivorous Plant Nursery.
Admission is $4 for adults and free for children under 12. Proceeds benefit the HCC Alumni Association. Lunch and snacks will be available at the Garden Café. For information about the Flower and Garden Show, contact Lisa Stewart at 240-500-2346, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.