(February 26, 2019)— The Hagerstown Community College Alumni Association will hold its 25th Annual Flower and Garden Show on Saturday, March 16, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, March 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the ARCC.
More than 150 vendors will take part in the show, named as one of the area’s premier events. Show participants include experts in nurseries, lawn and garden equipment, pottery and statuary, landscaping, tree services, stone products, pools, spas, outdoor furniture, flowers, wild bird products, and natural gourmet gifts from the garden.
Seminars and demonstrations on a variety of gardening topics will be held continuously throughout both days of the event.
Saturday seminars include:
- 10:30 a.m. – “Gardening in a Changing World,” with Mark Lannon, Washington County Master Gardener
- 11:30 a.m. – “Choosing Trees and Shrubs Wisely,” with Annette Cormany, University of Maryland Horticulture Educator
- 12:30 p.m. – “Ponds and Water Features/I Love My Job,” with Frank Fink, Living Landscapes Master Certified Aquascape Contractor
- 1:30 p.m. – “Using Ecology in the Garden and Designing for Maximum Benefit,” with James Dillon, Pennsylvania certified horticulturist
- 2:30 p.m. – “Making Kokedama Balls, a Form of Japanese Bonsai,” with Dusty Graham, Washington County Master Gardener
Sunday seminars include:
- 11:30 a.m. – “The Prickly Truth, Cactuses,” with Gerald Cohen, Washington County Master Gardener
- 12:30 p.m. – “Eco-Boost your Landscape,” with Jason Swope, Chesapeake Bay landscape professional
- 1:30 p.m. – “Attracting Monarchs to your Garden,” with Sandy Sagalkin, Monarch Alliance
- 2:30 p.m. – “Raising Monarchs Responsibly,” with Karen Greeley, Washington County Master Gardener
Admission is $5 for adults and free for children under 12. Proceeds benefit the HCC Alumni Association. Lunch and snacks will be available for purchase at the Garden Café. Free parking and garden-themed children’s activities will be available.
For information about the Flower and Garden Show, contact Lisa Stewart at email@example.com, or call 240-500-2346.