(February 18, 2020)— The Hagerstown Community College Alumni Association will hold its 26th Annual Flower and Garden Show on Saturday, March 14, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, March 15, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the ARCC.
More than 150 vendors will take part in the show, named as one of the area’s premier events. Show participants include experts in nurseries, lawn and garden equipment, pottery and statuary, landscaping, tree services, stone products, spas, outdoor furniture, flowers, wild bird products, and natural gourmet gifts from the garden.
Seminars and demonstrations on a variety of gardening topics will be held continuously throughout both days of the event.
Saturday seminars include:
- 10:30 a.m. – “Gardening for Birds,” with Annette Cormany, University of Maryland Horticulture Educator
- 11:30 a.m. – “Delving Into Dahlias,” with Darlanna Besecker, Hope Valley Gardens
- 12:30 p.m. – “Girls Gone Wild,” with Ed Higgenbottom, Washington County Master Gardener
- 1:30 p.m. – “Update: Maryland Spotted Lanternfly,” with Stephen Goff, Agriculture Inspector, Maryland Departure of Agriculture
- 2:30 p.m. – “Companion Planting,” with Chuck Koeneke, Washington County Master Gardener
- 3:30 p.m. – “Danger in the Garden,” Judy Kofoet, Washington County Master Gardener
Sunday seminars include:
- 12 p.m. – “Soil Health,” with Derek Furry, Bartlett Tree Experts
- 1 p.m. – “Establishment of Native Meadows at Antietam National Battlefield,” with Chris Tawney, Park Service Botanist, Antietam Battlefield
- 2 p.m. – “The Secret Garden at Western Maryland Hospital,” with Will Godwin, Washington County Master Gardener
- 3 p.m. – “Flower Arranging 101,” with Dusty Graham, Washington County Master Gardener
Admission is $5 for adults and free for children under 12. Proceeds benefit Hagerstown Community College. Lunch and snacks will be available for purchase at the Garden Café. Free parking and garden-themed children’s activities will be available.
For information about the Flower and Garden Show, contact Lisa Stewart at email@example.com, or call 240-500-2346.