- Quick Links
- Academics (Credit)
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- HCC Portal
- Student Email
- College Central Network
- Emergency Alert Sign-Up
- Transcript Requests
- Alumni Association
- HCC Foundation
- Administrator on Duty
- Directions and Maps
- News and Events
Local Scholarships Listing
2013 National Payday Scholarship
National Payday is offering one $3,000 scholarship to the winner of its essay contest. The winner is selected by peers through social media voting. The contestant whose essay receives the most votes will win the scholarship.
This deadline for this scholarship is July 31, 2013. The winner will be chosen by August, 15, 2013. See the National Payday web site for more information or to apply.
Viva Lab's 'Krill Oil - Educate Your Heart' Scholarship
Viva Lab's will be providing two $1,000 scholarships to students pursuing higher education as part of their 'Krill Oil - Educate Your Heart' program. The deadline for submission is July 5, 2013.
Eligibility & Application Information
- Any student currently enrolled in the 2013-2014 school year at any college, university, trade or technical school within the US or Canada
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
- Must be a Canadian/American citizen or hold a valid student visa
- Winning participants will be required to submit a photo
For more information or to apply, please visit the Krill Oil web site.
WaterFilters.net Solution Scholarship
WaterFilters.net is offering a $500 scholarship to the winner of a scholarship essay contest. The deadline to apply is July 31, 2013. Essays are judged on creativity, thoughtfulness, and insight.
To apply or for more information please visit the WaterFilters.Net scholarship page.
EngineeringDegree.Com Scholarship Directory
EngineeringDegree.com is used as a comprehensive online resource by current and prospective students who are thinking about getting a career in engineering. The site offers complete information on making the right decisions about your education that will prepare you for an engineering career.
Deadlines will vary based on scholarship. For more information and to search for scholarships, please view the web site: www.engineeringdegree.com/Scholarships/
2013 Savvy Saver Scholarship
Offers.com is offering a $2,500 scholarship for 2013. The Scholarship deadline is December 15, 2013. Scholarship applicants must answer an essay question in addition to completing the application.
Eligibility & Application Requirements
- No purchase necessary to participate
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident At least 18 years old
- Attending college at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college or university in the United States
- One entry per applicant
- Contest ends December 15, 2013
- Award - 1 Twenty Five Hundred Dollar ($2,500) scholarship
- Judging - Essays will be judged by our staff on creativity, quality, originality, specificity, and grammar.
- Scholarship Payment -The recipient will receive the award in the form of a check made co-payable to the winner and the university.
To apply, review Official Rules, or learn more information please visit the web site: www.offers.com/scholarship/
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants Scholarship
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 6th year. We will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
The Scholarship deadline is June 14, 2013. Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. Full details are available on our site.
If you are good with computers, it may seem like everyone calls you when they have an Internet issue. You may have helped your Grandma post pictures to Facebook, or set up her iTunes account. CenturyLinkQuote wants to hear your most entertaining Internet support tale.
Tell us about a time you helped a friend or family member with an Internet-related problem and earn a $1,000 scholarship. Deadline is June 30, 2013. To enter or for more information go to CenturyLinkQuote.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Scholarship
Thermo Fisher Scientific is offering $40,000 of scholarship award money between both undergraduate and graduate students studying a life science field.
There are six available awards:
- Two $10,000 Scholarships
- Four $5,000 Scholarships
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- Candidate must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited college or university for the 2013-2014 Fall semester
- Candidate must have a declared major of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related life science field
- Graduate students must have received an accumulative undergraduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduate students should be maintaining a GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during Graduate School
- Sophomores and Juniors must have an accumulative college GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Freshman must have an accumulative high school GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Candidates must complete an application & submit unofficial transcripts [if selected, an official transcript will be required]
- Although not required for an application, references can be submitted to:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Attn: Scholarship Reference
3734 N. Meridian Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
or via email to PierceScholarship@thermofisher.com.
Deadline for applicants is July 31, 2013
For more information or to apply go to the Thermo Fisher Scientific Scholarship website.
AES Engineers Scholarship
The consulting firm of AES Engineers is committed to continuing its support of higher education by providing scholarships to deserving students.
Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted.
The Amount of award is $500 and the deadline for entry is October 4, 2013.
To be eligible the student needs to answer one of the essay questions that they will find on our site at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
Stay Fit in College Scholarship
StayFitInCollege.org, which promotes fitness in college, has just announced scholarship awards for the 2012-2013 academic year. There is no purchase necessary to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship award aims to help students avoid the dreaded freshman 15.
Any student that attends a university, community college, or even a technical/trade college may apply for the scholarship award. Also, up to the first 10 applicants of each deadline month will receive one free product of their choice from Stay Fit In College.
Prospective student applicants should visit Stay Fit in College website to be considered.
Hispanic Association of Hagerstown
The Hispanic Association of Hagerstown would like to introduce the first scholarship to target the Hispanic student body of Hagerstown Community College. The HAH is proud to be offering scholarships for credit courses at HCC. The Association raised these funds through the Annual Hispanic Festival of Hagerstown. Application due date are as follows: Fall Semester - August 1st ; Spring Semester - December 15th; and Summer Semester - March 15th. This scholarship is not renewable, but applicants are welcome to reapply for each semester in which they wish to attend HCC. Applications are available at the Financial Aid Office at HCC.
Kid's Chance of Maryland
This scholarship is for students who have had a parent catastrophically injured or killed in an employment-related accident in Maryland. Students must be between the ages of 16 and 25. The parent's death or injury must have resulted in a substantial decline in the family income. Scholarship applications are available from your local high school counselor or by visiting Kid's Chance of Maryland, Inc. website.
PEO Loans & Scholarships
Sponsored by the Local Chapter. For more information contact Donna Frentz, 301-432-8614 or email@example.com.