TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO SSS) at HCC is designed to help students who are are first-generation, income-eligible, and have documented disabilities. As a federally funded program, TRiO SSS works to enable a select group of students to overcome barriers toward achieving personal, academic, and financial success.
TRiO SSS offers:
- Individual and small group Tutoring
- Goal setting and academic advising
- Cultural events
- Computers and reference materials at the TRiO Study Center
- Academic skills, financial literacy, and transfer/career planning workshops
- Information and resources for financial aid
- FAFSA assistance
- Transfer visits to four-year colleges and universities
- Induction and recognition ceremonies
Students admitted as TRiO SSS participants must be pursuing an associate degree or be enrolled in a certificate program at Hagerstown Community College. Eligibility does not guarantee admission. For more information, please visit the Eligibility page.