To be eligible to participate in the TRiO Student Support Services program, the student ...
- Must be a citizen or national of the United States or meet the residency requirements for Federal student financial assistance.
- Must be enrolled at Hagerstown Community College or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term.
- Must demonstrate a need for academic support, as determined by the project director, in order to successfully pursue a post-secondary educational program.
In addition, to be eligible the student must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Must be a first generation student (defined as neither parent has earned a four-year degree); or
- Must be a low-income individual, as defined by the U.S. Department of Education; or
- Must be an individual with a disability, as defined in section 12102 of the Americans with Disabilities Act.