- Access your Moodle account.
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a course management system/e-learning program used by HCC for the majority of online and hybrid classes and as a Web-enhancement for some face-to-face courses.
First-Time Student Users
To log-in to Moodle, use your active directory username and password.
- Your active directory username is the first part of your HCC email address before “@student.hagerstowncc.edu.”
- Your active directory password is initially set as your seven-digit HCC ID number. If you need assistance reclaiming or resetting your password, contact the HCC IT Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not all instructors or courses will use Moodle. Instructors will inform students if they have a Moodle site for their course.
- You will only be able to access course sites that have been activated by the instructor, which typically happens by the first day of the semester. If you log-in before any of your course sites are made available, you will just see the course catalog listing of sites.