To be eligible for aid from Federal Financial aid programs, you must:
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- Eligible students must also be working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program and attend all classes.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number
- Register with the Selective Service if required (male over 18 years old)
- Attend class and maintain satisfactory academic progress once in school
- Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
- Not have a federal student loan in default or owe money on a federal student grant.
- A federal or state drug conviction can disqualify students for federal student aid funds.
For further details, view the Student Guide .