We are delighted you have decided to pursue your studies at Hagerstown Community College! Please complete the following steps to get started:
- Complete an application for admission and return via mail, fax, or in person to the Admissions and Registration Office (ASA-400). You may also complete the application on-line.
- Request transcripts if you: -are still enrolled in high school -have graduated from high school within the last five years -have earned a GED -want credits from another college or university transferred to HCC -have prerequisite courses at another institution -are applying to the Nursing, Paramedic Emergency Services, or Radiography programs.
- Complete or schedule placement testing at the Academic Testing Center (if needed). Not sure if you need to take a placement test? Click here !
- Sign up at the Academic Testing Center for a SOAR session (Student Orientation Advising and Registration). If you are exempt from placement testing, you may call 301-766-4422 (off-campus) to schedule your SOAR appointment.
- You are required to meet with an Academic Advisor to sign up for classes after all required testing is complete. If you are a low-income, adult student (24 years of age or older), you are strongly encouraged to contact the Job Training Student Resources (JTSR) office. A variety of support services may be available to you.
- If you have any questions about the application process, or would like to schedule an appointment with an Admissions representative, please email the Admissions and Registration Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-790-2800, ext. 238.
- If you are applying to the Nursing, Paramedic Emergency Services, or Radiography programs, please check the catalog for additional testing and admissions requirements. Click here for the supplemental applications for these programs.