Commitment to the program extends through high school and college. During this time, Upward Bound staff will work with students individually and in small groups to address their needs, develop their academic potential, and identify and meet realistic goals.
To help ensure your success in the program, each Upward Bound student must make a commitment to:
- Attend 10 Saturday sessions September-May, bi-weekly after school tutoring sessions, field trips and college tours, and a summer academic program on the campus of HCC.
- Maintain contact with Upward Bound staff members throughout the academic year. Tell your coach or Mrs. Donovan when you will be absent from an activity.
- Take appropriate, but challenging classes each semester.
Field Trip Registration
Click on the date for the field trip you want to register for. You must fill out the registration form separately for each activity. All registrations must be completed two weeks prior to the trip. If space becomes an issue, priority will be given to rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders who are in good standing with their summer academy class.
- June 24, 2016 – Penn State College Fair – University Park, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- July 1, 2016 – George Mason University, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- July 8, 2016 – Juniata College, 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- July 15, 2016 – Washington College, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- July 22, 2016 – Delaware State University, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Upward Bound Seniors
- Community Foundation of Washington County - 43 different local community scholarships
Washington County Public Schools
- Washington County Scholarships - Community Foundation of Washington County, MD scholarship database with approximately 173 scholarships listed
- Scholarship Academy - A resource for high school and college students geared towards students who are the first in the family to attend college
- WCPS School Counseling Scholarship List
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- HCC Foundation Scholarship