The Athletic, Recreation, and Community Center (ARCC) at HCC is available to fill the fitness and recreation needs of all HCC students, HCC employees, program participants, and the community. The ARCC is the “gem” of all Maryland community college athletic departments. The ARCC accommodates large cultural, community, and social events as well as sporting events. The ARCC has a bleacher seating capacity of 1,700. Its total capacity is 5,200.
The ARCC houses:
- The HCC Athletics Department
- The HCC Fitness Center
- The Washington County Recreation Department
Interesting features of the ARCC include:
- The Coach Jim Brown Court and Basketball Arena
- A four-lane, 200 meter Indoflex track
- A six-lane, 60-yard track
- Indoor and outdoor athletic facilities including tennis courts, a baseball field, a softball field, and a soccer field
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 noon
- Sunday: Closed
The ARCC is available for students and staff use under the following conditions:
- No special events are taking place
- Not between the hours of 4 and 6 p.m. because of the athletic practices