TRiO Student Support Services (TRiO SSS) at HCC is designed to help students who are low-income, are a first-generation student, or have a disability. As a federally funded program, TRiO SSS provides extra support to a select group of students to help them achieve their personal, educational, and financial goals.
TRiO SSS offers:
- Goal setting and academic advising
- Cultural events
- Computers and support at the TRiO Study Center
- Academic skills workshops
- Life skills workshops
- Transfer and career planning workshops
- Information and resources for financial aid
- FAFSA assistance
- Trips to four-year schools
- Induction and recognition ceremonies
Students admitted as TRiO SSS participants must be pursuing an associate degree or be enrolled in a certificate program at Hagerstown Community College.