The following suggestions are a few ways you may help your student get the best college experience.
- Becoming familiar with the college policies, procedures and timelines will make you a better resource for your student
- Make sure your student has met with an advisor to formulate a plan for their educational career.
- Encourage your student to get involved on campus through the Student Government Association, Clubs/Organizations and activities.
- Make sure your student is balancing their classes and work load and be sure they know how to deal with academic problems that may arise.
- Remember that college should be viewed as either a full or part time job and that your student may have to adjust work, family and other responsibilities to compensate for this new commitment.
- Know the important dates for each semester such as, pre-registration, withdrawal deadlines, mid-terms and final exams.
* All dates for when classes begin, last day to add a class and to drop a class for a 100% refund, withdraw, etc. can be found in the inside cover of the Credit Class Schedules.