Flower & Garden Show 2010
The Hagerstown Community College Alumni Association recently announced its seminar schedule for the HCC Alumni Association’s 16th Annual Flower & Garden Show to be held on Sat., March 13, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sun., March 14, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the ARCC.
Demonstrations will be held throughout both days. In addition, Saturday’s seminars are:
- 10 a.m. – “Selecting and Growing House Plants,” with Susan Jenkins, Washington County master gardener
- 11 a.m. – “Grow it, Eat it – Basic Vegetable Gardening,” with Charles Koeneke, Washington County master gardener
- 12 noon – “Gardening for Birds,” with Annette Ipsan, horticulture educator, University of Maryland extension
- 1 p.m. – “Outstanding Plants for the Mid-Atlantic Landscape,” with Jason Swope, Landscape Management Solutions
- 2 p.m. – “Installing a Bubbler Rock,” with Kurt Bitikofer, Kurt’s Ponds and Landscaping, LLC
- 3 p.m. – “Arranging Fresh Flowers,” with Linda Shelbert, Washington County master gardener
Sunday’s seminars are:
- 11:30 a.m. – “Lavender: More Than Dessert,” with Madeline Wadja, Willow Pond Farm Herbs and Everlastings
- 12:30 p.m. – “Birds, Nesting, Boxes, and Feeders,” with Fred Turner, Bird Condos
- 1:30 p.m. – “Look Down and Think Brown: The Importance of Soil for Healthy Trees,” with Dan Yates, Bartlett Trees
- 2:30 p.m. – “Bay-Wise Gardening,” with haron Bondroff and Katherine Haag, Washington County master gardeners
For information on the flower and garden show, contact Lisa Stewart at 301-790-2800, ext. 346, or via e-mail at email@example.com .