You only need to apply to HCC if you wish to take classes for college credit. To take non-credit classes, go here . If you wish to take credit classes, follow these seven simple steps:
Seven easy steps to become an HCC student (credit)
- Apply for Admission - Students wishing to take credit classes must first apply to HCC and submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Registration. High school (ESSENCE ) students must also submit an HCC ESSENCE Program (Early Entry) Application Form.
- Apply for Financial Aid - includes grants, loans, Federal work study, and scholarships.
- Take Placement Tests - Free testing assures proper course placement for all students seeking a degree or certificate, or attempting their first college-level English or Mathematics course. Are you exempt?
- See an Advisor - Bring your placement test scores, SAT/ACT score sheet, and official transcripts with you to share with an academic advisor. Advisors will help you choose your program from our nine academic divisions , each offering a wide array of programs and courses.
- Register for Classes - HCC conducts on-line registration via Webadvisor.
- Pay for College - How much does college cost? Find out here. Payment plans, grants, loans, scholarships, work study programs, and student job opportunities may help.
- Get Books, ID, etc. - Get connected with the many services available to HCC students: clubs and organizations , student email , emergency alerts , HCC Campus Store , disability services , library , food services , and more.
Which best describes you?