Adjunct faculty members are valuable contributors to the Hagerstown Community College mission of providing high-quality, learner-centered education and training for the people of our community. The Adjunct Commons, located in the Fletcher Center in the Behavioral Sciences and Humanities building (BSH), supports that work with these resources:
- A place to prepare for class, grade assignments, meet with students, or just regroup
- An office for private meetings with students
- Microwave and refrigerator
- Library of books and videos on teaching and related topics
- Workshops to help you teach better
- Discussions, from organized panels to spontaneous conversations, that help you connect to and learn from other instructors
Office associate Sally Matthis is available to assist part-time faculty Monday and Tuesday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Wednesday and Thursday 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sally can help with navigating bureaucracy, where things and people are located on campus, office supplies, computer and printing use, and photocopies. If she doesn’t know the answer, she’ll find it or find someone who does.
The Fletcher Center/Adjunct Commons space is available for faculty use during the following days and times. When the door is locked, entrance is obtained using an HCC ID card or the key box outside the door.
- Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. - 11 p.m. (ID or key box access 7 p.m. - 11 p.m.)
- Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. (ID or key box access 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Saturday 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. (ID or key box access 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.)
After-hours Copy Room & Kitchenette Access
Fletcher Center, BSH 106 - A photocopy machine and kitchen facilities are available in the Fletcher Center when the room is available (schedule above).
Career Programs Building (CPB) - Photocopy machines are available (unlocked and accessible) after regular business hours in the workroom of the CPB 110 office suite (where Nursing offices are located) and inside the front entrance of the CPB 170 office suite. No kitchenettes are open after regular business hours in the CPB, but both of these rooms contain refrigerators.
Learning Support Center - A staff copier and student copier are located in the center. The break room for faculty and staff is LSC-109 and is open whenever the center is open. Available hours:
- Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Sunday 12 noon - 5 p.m.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) Building - STEM 523 (copy room) and STEM 425 (kitchenette) are never locked. STEM 430 (copy room) is locked when the building is locked and open when the building is open.