Want to start a new student club at Hagerstown Community College? A Club or Organization of special interest may be formed, as long as it benefits the student body. All clubs and organizations must be open to all students regardless of sex, sexual orientation, race, ethnic background, national origin, age, disability or religion.
What you need to start your club:
- The Club Application Form, found in the Club Guide
- A consenting full or part-tme faculty or staff advisor
- At least three members that will act as officers
- A written constitution. Read Forming a Constitution
If you would like to request funds for your new club/organization, you will also need: A Budget Request Form and a Budget Account Objective Code Form, both found in the Club Guide, detailing funds requested for the remainder of the current academic year. You will also need to turn in a yearly report of your club activities, projects and fundraisers for the upcoming academic year.
All returning clubs must turn all of the above including your past academic year accomplishments.
All new clubs will be reviewed by the Coordinator of Student Activities and Dean of Students for approval.
- Preparing a Budget: A new club or organization may submit a Budget Request Form, found in the Club Guide, to request funds. Try to be realistic in terms of amount of money your club will be requesting for programs in the upcoming academic year. You must also include any income you project for the academic year as well.