Students who are eligible for JTSR services may apply for assistance with gas mileage reimbursement OR bus passes while they are in classes at HCC.
- Each semester there is an established date when the JTSR Office will accept new transportation stipend applications.
- The application for transportation stipend must be filled out completely and signed by the student.
- Students may not apply until after they have registered for the semester in which they are applying for assistance.
- Students must re-apply each semester and must receive notification of approval from the JTSR Office.
- Transportation reimbursement is based on one round trip per day from the student’s home to HCC and back, regardless of how many trips the student actually makes or whether or not the student has classes at a remote location.
- JTSR students must notify the JTSR Office immediately if anything changes after the submission of their application (such as school schedule or address change).
- Students approved for transportation reimbursement are reimbursed at a rate of 20 cents per mile up to a maximum of $30 per week.
Bus Pass Policies
- Students must be registered for classes and must receive approval each semester from their JTSR advisor before receiving bus passes.
- Students are to use their bus passes for transportation to and from their scheduled classes only. Trips to campus for other purposes are not covered.
- The bus pass is to be used by only the HCC student to whom the pass is issued. There should be only two swipes on the card per round trip.
- Multiple trips to campus in one day will not be approved.
- Class attendance and academic performance are monitored by the JTSR Office and bus pass recipients who are not attending classes regularly may be in jeopardy of not receiving another pass when their current pass runs out.
- The JTSR Office records the number of days per week the student attends class and will calculate how long a 20-ride pass should last the student.
NOTE: If receiving both transportation and child care assistance the combined semester cap is $500. Internet classes are excluded in both transportation and childcare assistance.