HEERF - Student Portion Reporting
HEERF - Student Portion Reporting
For recipients of the CARES Act/CRRSAA and/or ARPA - Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERFI, II and III), to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students as per Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as per Section 314(a)(1) of the CRRSAA Act and as per Section (a)(1) of the American Rescue Plan Act as required by the U.S Department of Education. Accordingly, the following information must appear in a format and location that is easily accessible to the public once/quarter (Sep 30; Dec 31; Mar 31; Jun 30):
1. An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
2. $5,830,422 The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
3. $1,201,035 The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter).
4. 2,642 The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. *Please note, this figure is derived from the number of credit and non-credit students, with or without a completed 20-21 FAFSA, or who were registered during any of the Spring21 and Summer21 semesters at HCC. This data is valid through 6/30/2021.
5. 1,395 The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
(Figures reported in Sections 3, 4 and 5 are cumulative from date of awards received on Jan 27, 2021 and May 12, 2021.)
6. The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
- March 1 – June 30, 2021: Spring 21 and Summer 21 Individual Grants – any Spring or Summer 2021 enrolled credit or non-credit student can apply. Application available via the HCC website and sent via all student email. Those who did not receive a block grant are eligible to receive an individual grant after confirming enrollment and considering prior Spring or Summer 2021 CRRSAA/ARPA funding. Goal – get funds into hands of students indicating need, per CRRSAA and ARPA guidance and distributing more money to a broader range of students
SP21 and SU21 Individual Grant Amounts:
- Full Time = $1,200 (12+ credits)
- Less Than Full-Time = $800 (11 and fewer credits)
7. Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
- Should I be deemed eligible for CRRSAA/ARPA funding, I accept this CRRSAA/ARPA: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund AGREEMENT. I confirm that I have exceptional financial need due to the coronavirus pandemic. I am requesting to receive a student emergency assistance grant funded by the CRRSAA/ARPA: Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. I will receive this one-time grant based on my SPRING or SUMMER 2021 course enrollment and CRRSAA/ARPA eligibility as set forth by the Federal Department of Education. I intend to successfully complete my SPRING/SUMMER 2021 courses. I DO NOT need to repay this grant. I will receive these funds up to one week faster by signing up for Direct Deposit (via Banking Information in Self-Service, credit students only). If I do not sign up for Direct Deposit, I confirm that the mailing address listed in my Self-Service, User Profile is current.