Over half of students starting at a four-year college will not complete their education at the same college; some never complete a college degree. HCC’s Take2! program is designed to help Washington County and neighbor-state residents in bordering Pennsylvania and West Virginia counties turn their college credits into an associate degree.
HCC’s Pledge to Take2! Participants:
- Ongoing guidance for degree completion within one year at no tuition/fee cost to students or their families (depending on Expected Family Contribution, a book stipend may be provided)
- Guidance for transfer to a four-year college and/or into the workforce
- Reduce student loan debt while completing an associate degree
- Monthly communication with a Take2! mentor
- Enrolled as a new Fall 2020 HCC Student
- Earned minimum of 24 college-level credits at an accredited four-year college(s) with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5; preference given to students with higher GPAs
- Submission of official transcripts from all accredited four-year colleges attended
- Commitment to study at HCC as a full-time student, beginning Fall 2020
- Completion of 2020-2021 FAFSA and an Expected Family Contribution of $10,000 or less
- Agreement to use Federal and state financial grant aid and scholarships prior to Take2! funds (last dollar)
- Eligible for in-county tuition rate or neighbor-state rate tuition (based on residency) at time of Take2! application
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to complete an HCC associate program in one year (or three consecutive semesters)
- Complete a degree plan with HCC’s Academic Advising Office prior to the start of classes
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA for each semester of study at HCC
- Maintain good academic and behavioral conduct standing
- Maintain monthly communication with Take2! mentor
- Permit HCC to use your story to recruit future Take 2! participants
- Applications accepted until the first day of classes of each semester (August 31st for Fall 2020).
- Priority Consideration: One month prior to the start of class.
- Applicants will be notified of program acceptance within one month of receipt of all required materials: program application, transcripts, and FAFSA.
Note: Exceptions to Take2! deadlines, eligibility and program requirements may be made by the HCC Take2! Review Committee on individual bases and with the support of the assigned Academic Advisor.
The Take 2! program is generously funded by the Hagerstown Community College Foundation