HCC offers a variety of computer courses geared towards beginning, intermediate, and advanced use, as well as courses aimed at the industry professional. Course times are flexible and include evening classes, one-day workshops, and online classes. In addition, HCC also provides a computer testing area and exam site where IT professionals can take job-related certification exams such as the IC3 or Microsoft Office tests. Contract training resources are also available for businesses needing to retrain employees or enhance the computer skills of their staff.
Cybersecurity Baseline Initiative - CMT-001-F and CMT-002-F
12/5/17 – 3/29/18 | Tuesday & Thursday | 6 - 10 p.m. | Total cost: $7850 (includes $16 registration fee)
This program is designed for individuals upgrading employment skills by creating a solid baseline of knowledge and hands-on experience equivalent to 2 years of experience in the IT Industry. The two course program will integrate classroom lecture, in-class labs and home study to focus and successfully guide a student towards attaining a certification in Network+, Security+ and as a CSA. The course will follow the recommended path for cyber-security certification as recommended by industry association CompTIA.
- Identify the layered networking model concept, TCP/IP services, network media, and routing/switching equipment.
- Identify network implementations including LAN’s, WAN’s, cloud, and virtualization.
- Troubleshoot network issues including TCP/IP addressing and routing.
- Identify security vulnerabilities, breaches, and responses.
- Implement security in a wired and wireless environment using best practices.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents including risk assessment, threat landscape, compliance and operational security, and computing/network reconnaissance.
- Identify the purpose of certificates in a secure environment and how certificate identifies are managed and stored.
- Collect cybersecurity intelligence including log analysis, active asset and network analysis, and penetration testing.
- Respond to and investigate cybersecurity incidents within an organization, including security architecture issues.
Check Availability by Class Type
- Computers - How To
- Computers - General and Security
- Computers - CAD
- Computers - Repair and Networking
- Computers - Senior Adult Courses
- Computers - Microsoft Office Hands-On Seminars
Online Computer Courses
Short classes covering a wide range of topics. New classes start every month for your convenience.
Check out these CompTIA certification exam prep courses:
- Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
- Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
- Advanced CompTIA A+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep 2
Ed2Go Career Training
Need new direction in your career? In-depth training programs are offered through Ed2Go (formerly Gatlin Education).
- Questions about online classes? Email email@example.com.
Meet the Faculty