What is the ACT WorkKeys® Initiative?
WorkKeys is a system of assessments, curriculum, and skills profiling that build and measure essential workplace skills that can affect job performance and increase opportunities for career changes and advancement. Additionally, WorkKeys can be used to develop and evaluate training and educational needs; thereby, further creating a more effective and efficient workforce.
- Individuals - from students and job seekers to incumbent workers – measure their skills and advance their career goals
- Educators - from high school through college ensure students are ready for career success
- Employers find, hire and develop quality talent
- Workforce and economic developers prepare the workforce to attract and maintain business and industry
Core Community Partners:
The WorkKeys System is a four-part system, which consists of:
- Curriculum – The WorkKeys curriculum are the only courses linked to current occupational information and WorkKeys Assessment skills areas. The courses supporting the skills development needed to obtain the ACT National Career Readiness Certificate
Assessment – Measures the current skills of individuals in three key areas:
- Applied Math
- Graphic Literacy
- Workplace Documents
- National Career Readiness Certificate – The ACT WorkKeys® National Career Readiness Certificate (ACT WorkKeys® NCRC) is an assessment-based credential issued at four levels. The NCRC measures and certifies the essential work skills needed for success in jobs across industries and occupations.
- Job Profiling – The ACT WorkKeys® job profiling method links job tasks with ACT WorkKeys® assessments to pinpoint benchmarks for hiring, recruiting, advancement, and training. ACT job profiling takes a focus-group approach, using input from employees to ensure customized job analysis.
|Assessments||National Career Readiness Certificate||Curriculum||Job Profiling|
||WorkKeys NCRC is a portable credential that helps individuals prove they possess the skills employers deem essential.||The courses are delivered via a personalized, mobile-based learning management system. The platform delivers a meaningful learning experience and provides users with a customized study schedule and detailed instructional content.||By linking job tasks with ACT WorkKeys® Assessments, employers can pinpoint benchmarks for hiring, recruiting, advancement, and training.|
Want to learn more?
- Students/Job Seekers – Whether you're thinking about the next phase of your education, launching a new career, or making a transition in your current job, the ACT WorkKeys® assessment system can help.
- Employers – When you require or recommend the ACT WorkKeys® NCRC from your applicants, you'll tap into the most qualified labor pool in your area.
Ready to take the WorkKeys Assessment and earn your NCRC? Register today!
Need some prep before taking the test?
This course prepares the student to earn the National Career Readiness Certificate by achieving a Silver level on the WorkKeys assessment. Students will meet in HCC's Learning Support Center to learn about WorkKeys and will complete a pre-test assessment. With the scores earned students will be assigned lessons on Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, and Workplace Documents. The lessons are delivered via a personalized, mobile-based learning management system. The platform delivers a meaningful learning experience and provides a customized study schedule and detailed instructional content. Students completing of 30 hours of test prep (at level 4 or higher) will receive a 50 percent discount on the WorkKeys assessment taken in the HCC Testing Center.
Fee: $22 Registration Fee: $8
- PRD-862-C | 09/05/19-09/05/19
- PRD-862-D | 10/03/19-10/03/19
- PRD-862-E | 11/07/19-11/07/19
- PRD-862-F | 12/05/19-12/05/19