The HCC Finance Office generates your bill. Charges on the bill include tuition, fees, book voucher charges, library charges, parking fines, etc. If you have a question about the accuracy of your bill or you want to participate in the monthly Automatic Payment Plan, please stop by the Finance Office, which is located in the Administration & Student Affairs (ASA) Building.
- Washington County Residents: $110 per credit hour
- Out-of-County Residents: $172 per credit hour
- Out-of-State Residents: $226 per credit hour
- Course fees listed with course
- Registration fee per semester: $27 (nonrefundable)
- General college fee per credit hour: $11
Residency (In-County Rates)
To be eligible for in-county or in-state tuition, you must sign a statement on the application certifying that you have lived at your current address for at least three consecutive months. For those students residing in-county less than one year, two proofs of residency must be presented along with a residency petition form before the first day of classes. Documentation must show home address (no post office box) with effective date three months prior to the first day of classes. The college reserves the right to require you to furnish additional information and documents.
For proof of residency, please submit two of the following documents:
- Deed, settlement papers, or a one-year lease agreement
- Income tax returns
- Utility bills
- Maryland driver’s license
- Maryland motor vehicle registration
- Maryland voter registration
- Military personnel only: military orders with an assignment to a base in Maryland and presentation of Military ID
- Students who are eligible to register using WebAdvisor may pay their balances online, in-full, and free of charge. Another option is to register for the FACTS Tuition Payment Plan.
- You must notify the Finance Office to make any changes to your FACTS payment amount after you enroll (i.e., you drop/add a class or receive financial aid). FACTS does not carry over. You must sign up each semester.
Authorized Payment Plan (Fast Automatic Cash Transfer System known as FACTS)
- Applications are available in the Finance Office. You may also sign up online.
- Based on your application date, the total of your tuition and fees will be divided into payments. The payments will be automatically deducted monthly from your checking, savings, or VISA/MasterCard account.
- There is a $25 processing fee charged per semester by FACTS.
- Only accepted in person at the Finance Office.
Check or Money Order
- Make checks payable to Hagerstown Community College.
- Include your social security number or student number on the check.
- Post-dated checks will not be accepted.
- Personal checks are subject to a $35 returned check fee.
- HCC accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
- Past due balances will be forwarded to the State of Maryland’s Central Collection Unit (CCU).
- A 17% collection fee will be added to all debts referred to the CCU.
Out-of-state students who work in Washington County may be eligible for in-county rates if their employer has a signed tuition rate agreement with HCC. Students are advised to check with their human resources director.
- If the employer has a rate agreement with HCC, students are required to provide proof of employment at the time of registration, or no later than the day before classes begin, to the Office of Admissions and Registration. The proof of employment must be on company letterhead and dated no more than one week from the time it is submitted to HCC. Students must provide proof of employment each semester to retain the in-county rates.
Employer Paid Tuition
If your employer or agency is paying your tuition directly to HCC, you must present a purchase order, tuition assistance voucher, or letter of intent at the time you register for classes. If you register via the Web, fax the required documents to 301-393-3683, or bring them to the Finance Office by the balance due date, or within 24 hours of registration. Certain restrictions apply.
- In the event the employer or tuition assistance agency refuses to pay after receipt of the bill, the student becomes responsible for all charges on the account.
- HCC now offers electronic payment of student refunds. No need to go to the bank or worry about misplaced mail.
- To sign up, simply log-in to WebAdvisor and enter your bank information by following the link under the heading financial information or stop by the Finance Office to sign-up in person.