The Children's Learning Center is dedicated to serving the needs of young children by providing a high quality early childhood program within a safe, nurturing environment. The program supports the child care needs of HCC students, faculty, and staff and provides a learning laboratory for college students interested in working with young children.
Children are accepted at the age of two through the age of five. The Children's Learning Center is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., 12 months a year. The Center follows the College calendar and is closed for observed holidays and staff training days. It also follows the College's inclement weather policies.
Spaces are available in our "Preschool for All" classroom for four-year-olds. Eligible children may qualify for discounted tuition for this class.
For more information, call 240-500-2322 or email email@example.com.
Evening child care may be offered based on sufficient enrollment.
See links below for application, fees and details or call for information.
$15.00 per child; due at the time of application.
Materials Fee: $40 per year; due August or at enrollment
2013 - 2014 School Year
STUDENT AM PM Day Week
Tiny Tots $19.00 $17.00 $28.00 $ 116.00
Pres./PreK 17.00 15.00 24.00 100.00
School-Age 17.00 15.00 23.00 95.00
STAFF AM PM Day Week
Tiny Tots $28.00 $25.00 $37.00 $148.00
Pres./PreK 22.00 19.00 30.00 128.00
School-Age 22.00 19.00 29.00 122.00
COMMUNITY AM Day Week
Tiny Tots $32.00 $42.00 $170.00
Pres./PreK 26.00 36.00 148.00
School-Age 26.00 33.00 138.00
*A Block is a half day of service, either
a.m. (7:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) or
p.m. (12:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.).
Children must be enrolled for at least 2 blocks or 2 days per week.
Payment Schedule and Policies
- Weekly tuition will be determined according to the days and times a child is enrolled. Tuition will be charged for the entire semester or session that a child is enrolled. Parents will sign a contract agreeing to tuition rates and policies.
- Tuition is due at the beginning of each week for that week of service. Tuition may also be paid monthly in advance.
- Additional fees may be charged for field trips or other special activities. Parents will receive advance notice of such activities.
- Vouchers from the Department of Social Services and from the JTSR program will be accepted. Parents are responsible for any assigned co-payments or differences between voucher payment and tuition rates.
- Tuition will not be reduced or waived for partial attendance (due to illness, family vacation, or other reasons) except under certain circumstances and with prior arrangement from the Director. Tuition is charged for 50 weeks of the year. Child care tuition is charged for other days when the College is closed due to holiday or weather conditions.
- Two weeks written notice is required for withdrawal from child care. The parent is responsible for payment of these two weeks.
- If tuition account is not paid in full on or before the due date a notice will be sent to the family. Failure to pay fees may result in dismissal. Outstanding balances at the end of a semester will prevent a student from receiving grades or registering for future classes.