Hagerstown Community College offers educational programs and customized training for allied, mental health and medical practitioners including: nurses (LPN/RN) and nursing assistants (CNA/GNA), dental hygienists, dental assistants, dentists, optometrists, EMS personnel, echo sonographers, social workers, and others. If you are already in the health care field and are in need of professional development, you can upgrade your skills for career advancement or certification requirements. Health Care professionals can maintain their certifications with courses providing CEU’s as well as providing ongoing BLS classes.
Check Availability by Class Type
Allied Health Care Seminars
- Health care courses and seminars for a variety of allied health professionals
- Optometry Seminar (NRS 877)
- See all upcoming allied health care classes
Radiography Continuing Education Series and Programs
- Continuing education programs for radiographers sponsored by a variety of agencies including the Tri-State Echo Society.
- See all upcoming radiography classes
Specialized course areas include:
Basic Life Support (BLS)
- The American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (HCP) is a classroom course that is designed to teach a variety of healthcare professionals how to recognize life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, relieve choking, and more.
- See all upcoming BLS classes
Medicine Aide Recertification
- Recertification training for Certified Medicine Aides (CMAs).
- See all upcoming medicine aide classes
- CMA Clinical Update Verification Form
Delegating Nurse Program
- The Delegating Nurse course is a requirement for Maryland Registered Nurses to work in an Assisted Living setting, whether full-time, part-time or as an independent contractor. It is geared toward those who are delegating nursing functions such as medication administration.The DN/CM is also required for the RN to instruct medication technicians (MT).
- See all upcoming delegating nurse classes
- Local Anesthesia for the Dental Hygienist ( HCE 047)
- Nitrous Oxide Administration ( HCE 053)
- OSHA/PANDA Dental Training ( NRS 773)
- Dental Updates (NRS 774)
Short-Term Career Training
Ed2Go online classroom
Browse through our online schedule and select the topic and month that are right for you. Register online and find out about course requirements.
Ed2Go career training courses
Need new direction in your career? In-depth training courses are offered through Gatlin Education.
Questions about online classes? Email email@example.com
Continuing Education Credits for Social Workers, Psychologists, Therapists, Counselors, and Radiographers
Hagerstown Community College is an authorized sponsor for Category Continuing Education Credits for Social Workers, Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Psychologists, and Category A and B CEUs for counselors and therapists. Submissions made for ASRT Category A Continuing Education (CE) credits.