All new students are encouraged to participate in the New Student Orientation Program conducted by HCC faculty, staff, and current students.The program is designed to acquaint the student with the college environment, philosophy, purposes, and policies. A campus tour will be given by student leaders following the orientation.
2014 Fall Orientation Dates
Choose from three sessions:
- Tuesday, Aug. 19 from 12:30 to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 21 from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 23 from 1 to 4 p.m.
All sessions begin in Kepler Center. View or download a campus map.
Resources available on campus including:
- Tutoring Services through the Learning Support Center
- Library Resources
- Campus Safety
- Student Clubs
- Tips from current students
- What to expect your first semester
- How to get involved in campus activities
- Campus tour
Family members are welcome to attend. Register for your spot online.
Campus tours are given every Tuesday at 2 p.m. and Wednesday at 10 a.m. during the month of August. The tour will last approximately one hour, and students will be shown where their classrooms are located. These tours are limited to 10 students each. Students must pre-register in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Tours begin in the Student Center lobby. Family members are welcome to attend with the student.
Upcoming 2014 Tours
- Tuesday, Aug. 5 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 6 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 12 at 2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 13 at 10 a.m.
Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 10 a.m.