All new students are encouraged to participate in the New Student Orientation Program conducted by HCC faculty, staff, and current students.The program is designed to acquaint the student with the college environment, philosophy, purposes, and policies. A campus tour will be given by student leaders following the orientation.
Fall 2015 Orientation Dates
Choose one of these sessions:
- Wednesday, Aug. 19, 6 - 9 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 21, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 22, 1 - 4 p.m.
All sessions begin in the auditorium of the Behavioral Sciences and Humanities building (BSH-114). View or download a campus map.
Resources available on campus including:
- Tutoring Services through the Learning Support Center
- Library Resources
- Campus Safety
- Student Clubs
- Tips from current students
- What to expect your first semester
- How to get involved in campus activities
- Campus tour
Family members are welcome to attend. Register for your spot online.
Campus tours are given in July and August:
- Tuesday, July 7, 10 a.m.
- Wednesday July 15, 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 21, 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 29, 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 4, 10 a.m.
- Wednesdays, August 12, 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 18, 10 a.m.
The tour will begin in the Administration and Student Affairs Building lobby and will last approximately one hour. Students will be shown where their classrooms are located, so they are required to bring a class schedule. These tours are limited to 10 students each. Students must pre-register in advance by emailing email@example.com. Family members are welcome to attend with the student.