All new students are encouraged to participate in the New Student Orientation Program conducted by HCC faculty, staff, and current students.The program is designed to acquaint the student with the college environment, philosophy, purposes, and policies. A campus tour will be given by student leaders following the orientation. Pre-registration for orientations and campus tours is helpful, but not required.
Spring 2017 Orientation Dates
Choose one of these sessions:
- Thursday, January 5, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, January 7, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
All sessions begin in the Behavioral Science and Humanities Building Auditorium. View or download a campus map.
Resources available on campus including:
- Tutoring Services through the Learning Support Center
- Library Resources
- Campus Safety
- Student Organizations
- Tips from current students
- What to expect your first semester
- How to get involved in campus activities
- Campus tour
Family members are welcome to attend. Register for your spot online.
- Each Tuesday, July 19 through August 23, at 10 a.m.
- Each Wednesday, July 20 through August 24, at 3 p.m.
The tour will begin in the Student Activities Office, Student Center room 163, and will last approximately one hour. Students will be shown where their classrooms are located, so please bring a class schedule. Students must pre-register in advance by emailing email@example.com. Family members are welcome to attend with the student.