Commitment to the program extends through high school and college. During this time, Upward Bound staff will work with students individually and in small groups to address their needs, develop their academic potential, and identify and meet realistic goals.
To help ensure your success in the program, each Upward Bound student must make a commitment to:
- Attend 10 Saturday sessions September-May, bi-weekly after school tutoring sessions, field trips and college tours, and a summer academic program on the campus of HCC.
- Maintain contact with Upward Bound staff members throughout the academic year. Tell your coach or Mr. Mankins when you will be absent from an activity.
- Take appropriate, but challenging classes each semester.
Field Trip Registration
Click on the date below for the field trip you want to register for. You must fill out the registration form separately for each activity. All registrations must be completed two weeks prior to the trip. Each trip has a maximum number of students, first come first served. Once you have registered, put the trip on your phone calendar or in your planner so you do not forget!
- Saturday, February 22 – TRiO Day at Shepherd University from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, April 9 – Potomac State University from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25 – USA Science & Engineering Festival, Washington DC from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May – United States Naval Academy College in Annapolis Maryland time TBA
Upward Bound Seniors
- Community Foundation of Washington County - 43 different local community scholarships
Washington County Public Schools
- Washington County Scholarships - Community Foundation of Washington County, MD scholarship database with approximately 173 scholarships listed
- Scholarship Academy - A resource for high school and college students geared towards students who are the first in the family to attend college
- WCPS School Counseling Scholarship List
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- HCC Foundation Scholarship
- Scholarships & Financial Aid for Minority Students
- College Scholarships for African-American/Black Students
- Financial Aid for Hispanic Students