Workshops and Orientation
- Jan. 7, 11:45 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Fletcher Center
- Developing Your Promotion and Tenure Portfolio
- and New Faculty Support Group: Interest Meeting
- Jan. 7, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. in BSH-114
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Workshop
Programs in Development for the Spring Semester
- Middle States Accreditation Visit April 12-15: What to Expect
- New Instructor Orientation
- Teaching 101
- Active Learning and Flipped Classrooms
- Interpreting and Using Student Evaluations
- Academic Standards
- Snack & Share
To suggest program content or volunteer to present, contact the Fletcher Center coordinator at email@example.com.
About the Fletcher Center
The Hagerstown Community College Fletcher Faculty Development Center supports excellence in teaching. The center was founded in 2010 with a generous grant from the Alice Virginia and David W. Fletcher Foundation. The Fletcher Foundation supports a tradition of “quiet philanthropy” that improves the lives of the people of Washington County, Maryland.
The Fletcher Center at HCC provides a place and resources to help the college’s faculty members maintain and continually improve a responsive, dynamic curriculum and teaching excellence. Programs hosted by the Fletcher Center focus on four domains of excellent teaching:
- Curriculum (what we teach: programs and courses)
- Instructional design (how we teach)
- Academic standards (challenge)
- Outcomes assessment (measuring and adjusting to promote student success)
The Fletcher Center is located in the Behavioral Sciences and Humanities Building, room 106. The Fletcher Center is home to the Adjunct Commons.