HCC is the regional leader in cybersecurity programming. Cybersecurity is the body of technologies, processes, and practices designed to protect networks, computers, programs, and data from attack, damage, or unauthorized access. In a computing context, the term “security” implies cybersecurity. The amount that the government spends on information technology, and cybersecurity in particular, is expected to increase in 2014. The proposed budget increase will allot more than $13 billion to cyber programs. The college currently offers two associate degrees in cybersecurity and a number of specialized certificates.
- Cybersecurity, A.A.S.
- Cybersecurity, A.S.
- Advanced Network Security, Cybersecurity, Certificate
- Cisco CCNA Prep, Cybersecurity, Certificate
- Network Security, Cybersecurity, Certificate
HCC’s program includes:
- Cybersecurity Training Institute
- Program membership in CyberWatch
- Designation as a National Center for Academic Excellence (CAE2Y)
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1104195.