The Athletic, Recreation, and Community Center (ARCC) at HCC is available to fill the fitness and recreation needs of all HCC students, HCC employees, program participants, and the community. The ARCC is the “gem” of all Maryland community college athletic departments.
The hours of operation for the ARCC are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 noon
- Sunday: Closed
The ARCC is available for students and staff use under the following conditions:
- No special events are taking place
- Not between the hours of4 and 6 p.m. because of the athletic practices
The ARCC houses:
- The HCC Athletic Department
- The HCC Fitness Center and
- The Washington County Recreation Department.
The ARCC accommodates large cultural, community, and social events as well as sporting events. The ARCC has a bleacher seating capacity of 1,700. Its total capacity is 5,200.
Interesting features of the ARCC include:
- indoor and outdoor athletic facilities including tennis courts
- a baseball field
- a softball field
- a four lane, 200 meter Indoflex track
- a six-lane, 60-yard track
- a soccer field, and
- three basketball courts with hardwood floors
To use these facilities, please contact the HCC Athletic Department at 240-500-2289.
The Fitness Center is located in the ARCC on the second floor.