The Fitness Center is located on the second floor of the ARCC and is available to faculty, staff, and students. There is no charge to use the Fitness Center. Members of the center may choose from a variety of exercise equipment such as:
- Kettle bells
- Olympic barbells
- Bumper (rubber) plates
- Chains and irony woody bands
- Concept 2 rower
- Speed hurtles and ladder
- Medicine and dynamax balls
- Pyramid weight machines
- Bikes (upright and recumbent)
Other amenities include:
- Full locker rooms
- Towel service
- Aerobics classes
- Performance evaluations
Members of the center will receive a complete fitness assessment. The assessment includes a complete health history, a graded exercise test, and body composition analysis. Based on the results of the assessment and member goals, each member will receive an individualized exercise program and a complete program explanation.
Additional services available to members include sports injury analysis, dietary analysis, and a nutritional consultation.
Follow the HCC Fitness Center on Facebook.
Fitness Center Quality Standards
You must present a valid, current HCC ID to access the Fitness Center.
- Proper attire includes closed toe, non-marking shoes, t-shirts, exercise shorts/pants.
- No sandals.
- Athletic gear must be worn at all times. No revealing clothing or clothing with offensive wording will be permitted.
- Please use dressing rooms or locker rooms downstairs for changing into exercise attire.
- Please secure your valuables and belongings in a locker.
- Ask staff at front desk for a locker key.
- Please do not store valuables on the floor or near equipment.
- Safety of all personal property is the responsibility of the patron.
- ARCC staff are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Wipe off equipment after every use.
- Re-rack weights and return all other accessories to their proper locations when finished.
- Collars are to be used at all times to secure weights on bars.
- Weight plates are not to be leaned against mirror, walls or machines.
- Dumbbells and weight plates will not be dropped on floor for any reason.
- Allow others to “work-in” or take turns. Do not monopolize equipment in the weight room while others are waiting.
- Ease weights into position on the machines and do not allow them to slam down.
- Verbal or physical confrontation with staff or other patrons will not be tolerated.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated.
Using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
*Members should seek staff assistance for any and all questions*
Failure to abide to these guidelines will result in loss of privileges. Management reserves the right to refuse admittance and/or eject any person from the fitness Center premises failing to comply with any of the above rules and regulations.